Entrance to Aardewerkfabriek ‘t Delftsche Huys BV in Waddinxveen.

Picture by Kim Lindley in 2008.



Clog (Klomp) - Oud Delft - circa 1950's

Approx 5.5cm L x 2.2cm W

A tiny clog (klomp in Dutch) only 55 mm long, from the Oud Delft factory. Founded in Nijmegen in 1921 to 1996. In 1997 it became part of Aardewerkfabriek ‘t Delftsche Huys BV in Waddinxveen which is near Gouda. See picture above for entrance to present factory. The logo is a potters wheel with the letters 'OUD'. Unknown painter. The mark to the left, a vertical line with three horizontal ones, is thought to be a date mark but at present is unknown. Model number 820. Purchased at an antiques fair here in the UK in 2009 for GBP 2.